By Sam Gordon
For the Massachusetts Pirates, it is more than just buying a ticket and sitting down in your seat.
In their junior season, the Pirates are giving a unique experience to fans every home game with a chance to win some big money opening night. Here are the theme nights listed in order.
Opening Night 4/11/20
* Pirates Kick off the Season against the Preds!
* Chance for fans to sign up pre game for 10,000 Kick for Cash Contest at Halftime
Worcester Spirit Night: 4/18/20
* The Pirates invite mascots from all around the area to take part in Worcester Spirit Night, where the Pirates celebrate their host city of Worcester along with all the fuzzy characters from all around the area.
* This will also be “School Fundraiser Night” (Elementary Schools around the area will be presented with discounted tickets to sell to their student population. The schools would get to keep the proceeds of the tickets they sell. Also, the school that sells the most tickets will be the beneficiary of the 50/50 Raffle during the game.
Star Wars Night/$4 Beer Night: 5/8/20
* $4 Select Beer Available (restrictions apply)
* Star Wars Themes throughout the evening
* Fully Dressed Star Wars Characters Highlighted throughout the game and on the concourse.
Community Hero Night: 5/30/20
* Celebrating all of our community heroes
* Including Fire Departments, Police Departments, EMS, Teachers, Nurses.
Retro Night / Youth Sports Night 6/13/20
* Celebrating the Music over the decades ( Music from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and 2000’s played throughout the game)
* Special Guest Musical Performances
* Discounts for Youth Sports Groups
Whiteout Cancer Night 6/20/20
* Asking Pirates Fanbase to wear white to the game to help raise awareness for those who have been affected by cancer.
* 50/50 Raffle that night will go to a Cancer Awareness Foundation
* Will be hosting a Teddy Bear Toss that night: Fans will be asked to bring a new stuffed animal to the game, which they will toss onto the field after the pirates score their first touchdown of the game. The stuffed animals would be collected by the players and donated to a children’s hospital over the following week.
Military Appreciation Night 7/11
* Players will be wearing special Military Jerseys that will be raffled off at the end of the game!
* All Vets and active military will be given 15 percent off their single game ticket for the game. (Must show ID to Box Office)
The players report to camp on March 18 getting ready for April.